Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Book Shout-Out - I HUNT KILLERS by Barry Lyga


I’m sort of stingy when it comes to book shout-outs. A book really has to grab me…keep me turning the pages. But I Hunt Killers totally blew me away.

What's it about?

Jasper (Jazz) Dent had a unique upbringing. Unique in that his father was a famous serial killer. Yeah, that would make you stand out. And worse, Dad wanted Jazz to go into the family business. Like father like son? What Jazz really learned over the years was how to recognize the patterns of a serial killer. And he uses that expertise to help out the local police. But while he wants to do the right then, he still titters on the brink. Will he one day cross over to the dark side? Follow in Dad’s footsteps?

I know it’s only April, but I Hunt Killers is hands down my favorite book so far this year. I can always count on Barry Lyga to produce edgy books with superb writing, but he’s outdone himself with this one. I hope this thriller will bring about a new trend in YA fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment